Friday, October 3, 2008

Weekend Get-Away

I am becoming more and more excited about next weekend. Next Friday after work, I will hop in my car, drive about an hour from here, and seclude myself in a cabin for an entire weekend where the only thing required of me will be - that I knit. I am crashing a scrapbooking retreat so I can hunker down and make some headway on the many projects I have started, or need to start, so I can hopefully finish before Christmas.

The following Sunday is also my birthday, so the chance to get away to a lakeside cabin, knit to my heart's content, and mostly have no other responsibilities, has me in stitches. (I couldn't resist....) It's a gift I'm very happy about giving myself.

I have to work on a project for a fair isle knitting class I'm taking, work on the Christmas gifts of four family members, and start making items to sell at a local holiday craft fair in November.

That may sound like a lot, but I say, "Bring it on!"

And let the knitting dedicated weekend begin. Happy birthday to meeeeee!!

No comments: